These Terms govern your use of Low Vision Support Group (“LVSG”) and the Website(s)s, features, apps, services, partners, technologies, and software LVSG offers except where we expressly state that separate terms (and not these) apply.
Low Vision Support Group is a department of TenaciousBlindCrew, Inc. a Mutual Benefit Corporation. A benefit corporation creates a benefit to the public and positive impact on the environment.
1. Our Services, Activities and Products:
LVSG provides an online Social Media platform dedicated ONLY to Low Vision. Anyone impacted by Low Vision is welcome: folks with Low Vision their support systems, sponsors, professionals, and organizations that provide low vision services or products. Members of the site must register and be signed in with an account in good standing to interact on the site.
- We help you find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organizations, and others across the Low Vision Support community. We may use the data we have to make suggestions for you and others – for example, groups to join, sites/pages to follow, like topics, and facilitate support, friendship, information, and guidance. Stronger ties make for better communities, and we believe our services are most useful when people are connected to people, groups, and organizations they care about.
- Empower you to express yourself and communicate about what matters to you and experience the support that can only come from someone who is experiencing similar circumstances.
- We want you to feel safe when expressing yourself on Low Vision Support Group and to communicate with friends, family, and others about what matters to you – for example, sharing status updates, photos, videos, and stories, sending messages, creating groups, or adding content to your profile. We also have developed, and continue to explore, new ways for people to use technology to create and share more expressive and engaging content on Low Vision Support Group.
- Use technologies to provide safe and functional services for everyone: screen readers, artificial intelligence, machine learning systems so that people can use our Website(s)safely regardless of physical ability or geographic location. For example, technology like this helps people who have visual impairments understand what or who is in photos or videos shared on Low Vision Support Group or social media. We reserve the right to remove abusive and dangerous activity that may harm our community members and/or the integrity of our Website(s).
- Research ways to make our services better: We engage in research and collaborate with others to improve our Website(s)s. One way we do this is by analyzing redacted data we have and understanding how people use our Website(s).
2. Our Data Policy and Your Privacy Choices
3. Your Commitments to Low Vision Support Group and Our Community
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
- Authenticity: When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer, authentic and accountable. For that reason, you must: create only one account (your own) and use it for personal purposes.
- It is your choice to sign up using your real name and/or picture/photo or sign up through social media or other external website accounts (where applicable and available.) using an image or avatar.
- Never share your password, give access to your Low Vision Support Group account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our prior written permission).
We try to make Low Vision Support Group universally available to everyone, except in rare circumstances. Examples include but are not limited to:
- You are under 13 years old.
- We reserve the right to deny membership at the discretion of the site(s) leadership / owners.
4. What you can share and do on Low Vision Support Group:
We want members to use Low Vision Support Group to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so): You may not use our Website(s)s to do or share anything that:
- Breaches the privacy of any individual or organizations,
- Is proprietary content or data that you do not have the legal right to possess, access, share, post, forward or display.
- Violates terms, guidelines and/or policies that you have expressly agreed to abide by.
- Is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory, fraudulent, or harmful to any other individual or organization.
- Infringes upon or violates someone else’s rights (including non-members.)
- Uploads or contains viruses or malicious code; or any behavior or acts that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our Website(s).
- Provides a method to access or collect data from our Website(s) using automated or manual means or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
We can remove content you share in violation of these provisions and, if applicable, we may act against your account, for the reasons described below. We may also disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights or our terms and policies by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. We need certain permissions from you in order to provide our services:
Permission to use content you create and share: You own the content you create and share on Low Vision Support Group and the other Low Vision Support Group Website(s) you use, and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual, property, privacy and/or copyrights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with our Website(s)s, you grant us a non-exclusive, non- transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and account settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on Low Vision Support Group, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other Low Vision Support Group Website(s) and/or affiliate(s).
You can end this license any time by deleting your content or account. You should know that, for technical reasons, content you delete may persist for a limited period in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other users). In addition, content you delete may continue to appear if you have shared it with others and they have not deleted it.
Permission to use your name, profile picture, and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: Your profile/account/privacy settings control our permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions you have taken on Low Vision Support Group next to or in connection with ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we display across our Website(s)s, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show your friends that you are interested in an advertised event or have liked content created by other users and/or a brand that has paid us to display its ads on Low Vision Support Group. Ads like this can be seen only by people who have your permission to see the actions you have taken on Low Vision Support Group.
Limits on using our intellectual property: If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Website(s)(for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share on Low Vision Support Group), we retain all rights to our content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) if you have our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code or content from us.
6. Additional Provisions:
- Updating our Terms
- We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Website(s)better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Website(s).
- We hope that you will continue using our Website(s), but if you do not agree to follow our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the Low Vision Support Group community, you can delete your account at any time.
- Account suspension or termination
- We want Low Vision Support Group to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts and ideas.
- If we determine that you have violated our terms or policies, and/or the privacy of other member(s), we may take action against your account to protect our community and services, including suspending access to your account or disabling it. We may also suspend or disable your account if you create risk or legal exposure for us or when we are permitted or required to do so by law. Where appropriate, we will notify you about your account the next time you try to access it.
- If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us.
7. Limits on liability
- We work hard to provide the best Website(s)we can and to set clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Our Website(s)s, however, are provided “as is,” and we make no guarantees that they always will be safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what individuals or organization outside of LVSG does or says, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content).
- We cannot predict when issues might arise with our Website(s)s. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the Low Vision Support Group Website(s)s policy(ies), even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Low Vision Support Group Website(s) is $0.00 (zero).
- We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it is useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
- For any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or the Low Vision Support Group Website(s)(“claim”), you agree that it will be resolved exclusively in a court located in Orange County, CA. You also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of any of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of the State of California will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- These Terms make up the entire agreement between you and Low Vision Support Group regarding your use of our Website(s). They supersede any prior agreements.
- Some of the Website(s)we offer are also governed by supplemental terms. If you use any of those Website(s), supplemental terms will be made available and will become part of our agreement with you.
- If any portion of these Terms are found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our written consent.
- You may designate a person to manage your account if it is memorialized. Only your legacy contact or a person who you have identified in a valid will or similar document expressing clear consent to disclose your content upon death or incapacity will be able to seek disclosure from your account after it is memorialized.
- These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, collaborative partnerships or other business relationship, sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Usernames: the “username” field is configured by you, the member, upon registration with Low Vision Support Group must be unique from any other username and it is permanent. The web design platform / software we use simply prohibits any administrator or other user role to edit or delete this field. However, YOU, the member, has control over the visibility of this field to other members. YOU, the member, also has the ability to create a “Nickname” field that is visible to other members.
- You should know that we reserve the right to deny use of the username for your account if your account name and/or avatar/photo are deemed offensive (as determined by us), illegal or otherwise violates terms and/or policies you have agreed to.
- We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our Website(s)and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Date of Last Revision: June 23, 2020.
Adapted from https://www.Facebook.com/legal/terms/update